The primary advantage of battery storage is that the benefits of solar don’t end when the sun sets each night. By harnessing both solar and battery together, commonly called solar-plus-storage, commercial buildings can fully take advantage of installing solar energy.
When battery storage is added to solar energy projects there are numerous benefits. First and foremost, it lowers your facility’s energy needs during peak demand, reducing costs by allowing you to store the energy until your building needs it. It keeps your facility running without interruption if the electricity goes out as the storage system uses saved energy to power your building. Battery storage also helps the environment by ensuring no energy goes to waste and is a cleaner source compared to other options.
As with all solar services, different states have different incentives and programs available to make going green more attractive from a financial perspective.
For example, as part of Connecticut’s Equitable Modern Grid initiative, Energy Storage Solutions is offering upfront and performance-based incentives for businesses and property owners to purchase and install energy storage systems. As an eligible Energy Storage Solutions contractor, Verogy installs only industry-leading and trusted battery storage solutions specifically developed to meet the requirements of these industries.
With these incentives, certain organizations could receive up to 50% off the installation price with added performance payments based on the average power the battery system contributes during essential periods. Additional savings may also be available for those on the grid edge, critical facilities, facilities replacing fossil fuel generators, and some other qualifying small businesses. Not only does this enable customers to save money at the time of purchase, the value and cost savings continue over the life of the system, allowing you to get the most out of your investment.
- Why is energy storage important?
- Increasing our deployment of energy storage is key to strengthening the power grid to make it more reliable and efficient.
- How will energy storage cut power costs?
- Including storage in a solar installation allows the customer to avoid paying peak demand pricing as well as benefit from additional storage specific incentives.
- How does battery storage work?
- Excess production from on site solar panels is stored in the battery and is drawn on for power needs when the panels are not actively producing.
- Can going solar protect me from power outages without storage?
- No, having onsite solar without battery storage cannot keep your power on in an outage.
- Protect your building from power outages in your area
- See additional incentive revenue through storage programs
- Meet sustainability goals by taking advantage of the sun’s power to the fullest