Join a small team at the ground level in an industry that’s new, exciting, and growing.
We are always growing! Inquire below for current openings.
To apply for a position with Verogy, please fill out this application and submit it using the contact form at the bottom of this page. If you are having trouble accessing the application document, please download it to your desktop or try again using a different internet browser.
Business Development Analyst
Verogy has entered a significant growth phase and is expanding our team from ~30 to ~40 in 2023, and we anticipate a similar or greater growth trajectory in the coming years. In addition to bringing on several new team members, we are seeking to optimize several processes and systems that will enable our business development (sales) efforts. To that end, we are seeking a terrific Business Development Analyst to execute the generation and delivery of proposals for our prospective clients.
As a Business Development Analyst, you will bring your passion for renewable energy, an orientation to detail, and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to play a key role in the management and delivery of timely, accurate, detailed, and economically viable project proposals to our prospective clients. In this role, you will develop deep, detailed knowledge about the financial drivers of economically successful solar projects, the state-level incentive programs that support increased deployment of solar projects, and the ownership structures that exist to enable a variety of parties to own solar projects.
The ideal candidate for this role is detail oriented, self-motivated, coachable, has strong judgment, and possesses outstanding communication and collaboration skills. Your focus and productivity as a Business Development Analyst will ultimately enable revenue generation for the firm, and will also provide significant exposure to the founding team.
You will work directly with our collaborative and egalitarian 5-person Finance team, which includes two of the company’s founders. You will work directly with our two Business Development Analysts, who are experts in using our financial models to produce project proposals. You will also work cross-functionally with members of our engineering team, to gather the inputs necessary to complete your analyses.
This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer. While this can be a remote work arrangement, we are ideally looking for someone within driving distance to our West Hartford, CT office so you can come into the office at least 2x a month to develop relationships with your colleagues.
Proposal Generation (75%)
- Working with our Microsoft Excel financial model, Business Development (sales) personnel, existing Business Development Analysts, and our colleagues in engineering to gather, organize, analyze, and propose economically viable projects
Solar market policy and incentive review and upkeep (15%)
- Gather understanding of state and federal level incentives available for applicable projects and incorporate into financial analysis and proposal work product
Task support for Finance Department colleagues (10%)
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Marketing, or relevant field
- Solar development / sales experience preferred
- One (1) + Years of professional experience is required
- Ability to understand and manipulate financial models
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- The ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment and develop creative solutions to problems
- The ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate completion of numerous proposals and economic evaluations on a weekly basis
- You are energized by entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environments, supporting others to do their best work, and meeting the needs of your team and external partners
- You “sweat the small stuff” and bring exceptional attention to detail, while also knowing the right moments to pull up out of the weeds
About Working at Verogy
Verogy’ s mission is to “Impact Positive Change”: to its clients, its employees, and the environment. The Verogy team operates around a specific set of core values focused on driving positive, productive, and inclusive behavior, which we believe are the key building blocks of a great team. Verogy provides a competitive compensation package as well as personal and professional training to its employees.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (premiums for which are paid for by Verogy)
- Paid Holidays
- Three (3) Weeks Paid Vacation per full year of employment
Verogy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce; minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Future Is Now
Our dependence on non-renewable fossil fuels has led us to explore renewable energy methods, and chief among them is solar power. Our solar system is blessed with the sun, a natural nuclear reactor that sends energy our way every day. Our job is to provide our clients with high-tech ways to harness that power and convert it into electricity to power their businesses, factories, schools, municipal buildings, and more, at a fraction of the cost if they were to buy it from the utility companies.
Help Save the Planet With Verogy
Do you want to get in on the ground floor with an emerging technology that will help transform our planet? The work you’ll do for our clients has a higher calling. Growth in the solar field is exponential and businesses everywhere are turning to Verogy to design, build, and manage their commercial solar projects. Besides helping our clients’ bottom lines, you’re helping the planet. The work you do in your solar energy career will contribute to improving the environment and making the world a better place for future generations.
No Matter What Your Talents and Interests Are, There’s a Place for You at Verogy
Our company is looking for forward thinking professionals who want to use their talents and energy for a greater calling. We have opportunities in installation and maintenance, design, finance, and project management. Our team is laser-focused on bringing solar energy solutions to our clients. This is your chance to work with the team who founded the company and grow with us. We offer competitive salaries, medical/dental, and retirement benefits.
Oh, and we’re also dog-friendly.
Bring Your Talents to a New Industry
Whether you work with your hands, with numbers, with plans or with people, your talents have a home at Verogy.